Tuesday, January 30, 2018

JANUARY 30, 2018

Well, this week I have transfers!

So I finished training Elder do Carmo, from Brasil, and now I am going to be with, Elder Portillo, from Corrientes, Argentina. He has been serving for four and a half months in the mission. We are in the area Nogal, the richest part of Bogotá, and the hardest area in my mission. I had to say goodbye again to my life, to all the people I knew, and packed my bags from 10 pm til 1 am on Sunday, then on Monday, at 10:45 am, my bus left from Bucaramanga, and we got to Bogotá at about 9:20 pm. So it was a pretty long day of traveling. 

In Cumbre, last week we had some crazy miracles happen. We found seventeen new investigators, and a lot of people who live pretty close to the chapel and who are willing to come to church. During my last lesson in Bucaramanga, we got a reference from a less active who I re-actived. The family tells us, yeah we don't trust in religions but we have always wanted to find a church. The less active told them, when I asked, what called your attention to the church? Their answer was that nobody receives money for what they do. 
 
Like it says in 2 Nephi 26:31 --
 
But the laborer in Zion shall labor for Zion; for if they labor for money they shall perish.
 

Of all the people I met there, my favorite family is The Corzo family. The less actives that I re-actived. Their son will be baptized the 24 of February, but I'm leaving them in good hands.

I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true Church of Christ. And I just pray to the Lord to give me the chance to keep on serving. It doesn't matter if it is in the easiest or the hardest place, because the Lord is who directs this work. It isn't a work of any ordinary man. I am just a humble worker of the Lord in his vineyard. I love being a missionary.

Elder Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment