Wednesday, January 17, 2018

JANUARY 2, 2018

JANUARY 2, 2018

It’s been a year since you guys have heard from me. Just want to tell you guys that I am doing well, and still alive down here in Bucaramanga, Colombia.

So to let you guys in a bit, as a missionary we visit people. People who show that they are interested by reading, praying, and coming to church are the people we keep visiting.  And the people who always will listen to us or talk but never keep their compromises, they are the ones that waste the Lord’s time, and mine! So we focus on people who are willing to learn and to change. 

This week, we went around to all of those people, and invited them to be baptized, those that progress. So we went from having a family of five who said yes to being baptized, to now having them, and a family of three and four other people that are just solitary to be baptized. Which makes a huge difference. Because now they aren’t just reading, or listening, but they are progressing toward their entrance to eternal life. They aren’t just enjoying talking to a gringo and a brasiilian, but they are moving toward Christ.

My testimony this week is about baptism.

2 Nephi  31:10-13.

10 And he said unto the children of men: Follow thou me. Wherefore, my beloved brethren, can we follow Jesus save we shall be willing to keep the commandments of the Father?
11 And the Father said: Repent ye, repent ye, and be baptized in the name of my Beloved Son.
12 And also, the voice of the Son came unto me, saying: He that is baptized in my name, to him will the Father give the Holy Ghost, like unto me; wherefore, follow me, and do the things which ye have seen me do.

13 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, I know that if ye shall follow the Son, with full purpose of heart, acting no hypocrisy and no deception before God, but with real intent, repenting of your sins, witnessing unto the Father that ye are willing to take upon you the name of Christ, by baptism—yea, by following your Lord and your Savior down into the water, according to his word, behold, then shall ye receive the Holy Ghost; yea, then cometh the baptism of fire and of the Holy Ghost; and then can ye speak with the tongue of angels, and shout praises unto the Holy One of Israel.
I love the gospel, and for that reason I have followed Jesús Christ, and I was baptized. And I know help others to follow the Savior of the world. Like Mormon says, in 

3 Nephi 5:13

13 Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.



Elder Tracy



No comments:

Post a Comment