Wednesday, January 17, 2018

JANUARY 15, 2018

JANUARY 15, 2018

This week, I testify about the leaders we have in the Mission and in our Wards, and in our lives (like parents). I have learned a lot about being a leader here in the Mission. I feel like everybody wants to be a leader at home, but there are just some things that stop us. Or that make you a leader but through fear or pressure. But what I've learned and what I've felt is it's just how the scriptures say, that a leader has to be a good shepherd. 

John 10:11-18
I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.
14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

I know that Jesus is our good shepherd, and a great experience I had this week really focuses on that. 

We had a open house in our chapel like two months ago. We were planning, and we had an idea to do a Family Home Evening with some members, and to invite people around the neighborhood to it. One of these was called Magali. She was a reference from the open house. We called her to invite, and she said yes! She said, "I would love to fill myself with the word of god tonight. I need to."  And so we came by at 7 pm, it was at 8 pm, to just drop off some soda to let it get cold in the freezer, and we found her outside waiting since then, and told us she was gonna be there on the dot. We came back and she had waited there for one hour outside. We got in, did the Family Home Evening; and at the end she burst into tears, and told us she had been praying and praying to God, but hadn't received an answer. Had went to every church and tried to learn the truth, but hadn't felt anything. And so she asked, "How do I need to pray to get an answer?"  Well. . . It was pretty sweet, and at the end she told us that she recognized us as an answer from God. 


The Lord works in mysterious ways, and I know he loves us.

Elder Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment