Thursday, February 9, 2017

FEBRUARY 6, 2017 -- WEEK SIXTEEN

Hello Hello!

This week was pretty boring, and I am feeling less and less inclined to write this weekly message! I guess that lets me know that I'm focusing more on the mission. . .? 

So, this week, we had a menos activo (less active member) who for the first time in two years attended church. Woo!  And, a super weird thing happened this week but I don't have much time so I just will write a little bit.

We went to take out money from the bank and two ladies stopped us and asked if we were Mormon.  We said yeah and then they just started saying how amazing missionaries are and that the temple is so cool, and that they wanted to be able to get to know the inside of it.  I told them that if they wanted to enter the temple, they need to be worthy, and to be a member of the church. Then they asked if I could just open the temple for one day so that they could see inside, and I said no! So then they started being really mean to us and just basically like we had ruined their day and they walked off. Weird.

This week also we have found a lot of really people prepared by the Lord.  We got a reference from a member of the Quorum of the Seventy! So I expect a baptism from that. 
 Ha ha.

Marcelo is going to be baptized in two weeks. His life has taken a crazy turn for the worst and he is dealing with it really well. He is a good guy. I will then have two baptisms if he manages to keep it up.

My testimony this week is on the Temple, or better Temples. They are holy places on this earth where we can obtain more guidance from God, and to help others that have died or ourselves to be able to be saved through ordinances for the dead. 

Just like the Tabernacle of Moses, or Solomon's Temple, only worthy people can enter, and it is a place where we can feel the love of our heavenly father so strong! There is a peace that is only found in the home or the temple. I love the temple and I invite all of you wherever you are to try and find an open house, or to visit the outside of one. 

Well, that's all folks! Pray for me that I can have some more cool experiences, and time to write about them! Chao!

Élder Connor Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment