Tuesday, February 21, 2017

February 20, 2017 -- WEEK 18

Our Elder making mandocas!  Photo Courtesty of Sister Jennifer Ohep Garzon!

Well this week was nuts. Also found a sin of an old élder in my district https://www.wevideo.com/view/722060552 (Just a video of some Elders doing their version of the Harlem Shake.)

Marcelo went to La Calera, which is like thirty minutes from here, so he's actually still in country, and I expect to see him baptized within a month!

We found a new dude from Venezuela, who has had the lessons.  He contacted us and is basically asking if we could baptize him. He is a miracle!

A family, Isabel, y Yusara Carpio have been progressing really well also. They also invited friends to Church this last Sunday, so I'm thinking they will follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized also.

Also today, we had a Zone activity outside of Bogotá, and it was two and a half hours away in bus, so we basically spent all of p-day in a bus going in and out of Bogotá.  It was cool though and the Hermana´s in Verbenal made us a good lunch.  Tomorrow we have a Multi-District meeting, since one of the élders in Verbenal went home for health issues. That should be cool. 

There also was a bomb that went off yesterday and tons of helicopters with big lights were all over the city.  There will be a national protest this Wednesday so I'm expecting an interesting week.


Bomb blast hits central Bogotá

Fears that Farc peace deal may not have ended residual conflict from 50-year civil war

Crime scene investigators of the Colombian Police examine the area of an explosion in the La Macarena neighborhood of Bogota, Colombia, on Sunday. At least 31 people, many of them police officers, were injured by the explosion. Police presence was high in the area as the last run of the bullfighting season in the Colombian capital was scheduled to be held at the bullring, La Santamaria. Photo by Leonardo Munoz/EPA



I testify this week of Companions! 

I have been living every moment of these last five months with somebody always at my side helping me prepare to have a wife. Also to be able to work with somebody who I don't always agree with.  It has taught me patience, and also to be able to respect other people's decisions more.  Whether or not they are the greatest decisions. 

My companion, Ëlder Aguilar finishes his mission in seven days.  Nuts! 

Like it says in Ecclesiates 4:10 --  

For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.

We NEED that other person to support us and give us the strength and encouragement to go on.  Also like it says in John 8:17 --

 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.

I know that my companions have all been chosen by God to help me grow in some way, and vice versa with them.

I hope all is well in good old "Misura". I am praying for you guys! 


Élder Connor Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment