Wednesday, January 11, 2017

JANUARY 9, 2017: WEEK TWELVE

January 9, 2017

What up youtube youtuuuuube!





This week we did a lot of fun stuff. We are trying to help one of our families build their house, and I got to bear my third testimony in Spanish!

This week Marcelo has stopped smoking for two weeks. If he can keep going, I think he'll finally be ready for baptism.  We have been teaching him since November 11th, I think. He's getting very humbled though, so I hope that it all works out for him.

We've also started officially teaching Nislady. I think she'll be our next baptism.  She was basically a freebie. She is from Venezuela, and came to Bogotá after getting all of the lessons from the Élderes over there. Qué Suerte.  

The last family that I think is progressing well is Diego Gonzalez y familia.  They are super nice. They call us to ask us if we want to come over! They have a friend named Juan, who I have mentioned, who will be the driving force in them getting baptized, because he has a strong desire to be baptized right now. And he understands the principles, and can apply them.

The ward had 90 people attend last week! We normally get about 70. That was super cool. One of the people, a guy who hasn't came to church in two years, came because of one lesson that he just happened to come by for.  My first lesson with a dude named Jaime Londoño.  He gave a very good testimony, and I hope that it means that he'll come to church next Sunday also!  Hopefully he can bring Jaime also.

So, I'm thinking this is Collahua's last week in Cedros. I am going to miss that cheeky m8 (mate) of mine. Since it's his last week though, I think I finally have to fix my camera, instead of relying on him. Something I liked about Collahua, is that he always was ready to share whatever part of the lessons that I struggled in when my Spanish was super rough. Hes' from Lima, Peru.

I bought speakers for ten bucks that are super dope. I am expecting to have some very good mornings and nights following today. Anyway. . .

My testimony this week is over the reason for missionary work!  That is to invite others to Come unto Christ, and help them receive His Restored Gospel through Faith in Him, and in His Atonement by teaching Repentance, Baptism, the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End. 

2 Nephi 31:20 says about the subject: 

Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.

I think it's pretty clear from there. That we have to continually be learners, and doers of the word. 

Just as it says in James 1:22. We all have work to do, so let's get to it!  

If you haven't been following the path to eternal life, change now. 

If you haven't learned, learn now! 

I would be wasting my time in Colombia for two years if 
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints wasn't true! 

Les amo! 

I hear Show Choir is starting up. Good luck to you guys!

Élder Connor Tracy















No comments:

Post a Comment