Monday, January 16, 2017

January 16, 2017 -- WEEK THIRTEEN

January 16, 2017

Elder Collahua officially leaves, and I am receiving as my new companion . . . . . .  . . . . . . . . . .

Élder Aguilar, de Cusco, Cusco, Peru!

Anyway, this past week has been absolutely, rootentootenly bonkers. 







We had a man who (long story short) had a vision and is seeking to change his life. He lived in the states twenty years, lived in Colombia as of right now, six years. His name is Charles Phillip LeConte. He's a cool dude, super caring and open. I'll keep you all updated on how it goes with him. 

Diego and family end up not even being married, so all of a sudden then went from closest to baptism to farthest from it. Just hay que trabajar. 

We met with a lady named Rosio Errera. She is very good. Has a lot of the beliefs of the JW's, but she is listening to us, and told us that she really wants to read the Book of Mormon because one time missionaries tried to talk to her with it. As soon as she saw it she said no thanks, please go away! So for that, I think she'll progress very smoothly. 

We also had some really really really sad experiences, and one in particular that I just wanted to cry during the lesson because of how downtrodden this guy was. But that is the job of a Christian, to help the heavyhearted.

Anyway, I don't have much time, but I also took a lot of pictures with investigators, because Collahua leaves tomorrow. So you guys will be able to see four of the families I am teaching.

This week my testimony falls on the topic of contacting!  As a missionary, I am always walking in the street, to and from lessons.  As we are walking, I'm looking for families, or people who look especially sad, or especially happy to teach and contact in the street.  I try to get their phone number and address to be able to visit them. Obviously, two young dudes in the street just stopping you to see if you want to hear about Jesus Christ doesn't always yield the best results, but there are times when you can find those people who are searching for the truth and poder enseñarles exactly what they need, Jesus Christ!   Knowing that he is always helping us gives us the strength to do all things (Phillipians 4.13). Just as prophets of old crying repentance to the people in the street, I am going a little more subtly, doing the same to those with eyes to see and ears to hear. 

I also am trying to learn quechua, but without people to speak it with it's a struggle. I should focus on Spanish.

I love you Scarlett! 

I also am expecting an email from you, Oscar. Get to it. 

Hope you all have a great week!


Élder Tracy








































No comments:

Post a Comment