Wednesday, October 5, 2016

OCTOBER 5, 2016 -- WHAT HAPPENED THIS WEEK!


October 5, 2016

Elder Connor Ross Tracy and some other Elders


Me at the Mexico City Temple. I am standing near the fountains with my arms spread. I look pretty small in front of it. We went to the temple last Wednesday, and we are going again today.



October 5, 2016

This week and from here onward I'll stop breaking it down day by day, and just focus on the major point of the week.

Anyway, we are starting our Fourth week. I am feeling very comfortable giving lessons in Spanish, but I am not yet able to expound scripture or to relate my personal thoughts or experiences.  We watched General Conference, and a scripture I was actually planning to share, from the story of the Sons of Helaman, I think Alma 56:48 was mentioned.  
Alma 56:48
"And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it."

They also shared a lot of things I have written in my previous weeks.  A talk from some General Area Seventy, which started off with the question, 

"If you only knew as much as you were taught by your parents (about the gospel), How much would you know?"  

And I am very grateful for my parents, who have taught me everything I know, just like Alma 56:48.  I also was reading in Isaiah, and decided to memorize Isaiah 40:1, which says 

"Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God".

 I have decided that just as the prophets of old, I am going to bring many to a knowledge of their Redeemer."
 
Doctrine & Covenants 18:10-11

"Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God;
For, behold, the Lord your Redeemer suffered death in the flesh; wherefore he suffered the pain of all men, that all men might repent and come unto him."

Anyway, the food this week actually wasn't bad.  And I'm grateful for all of the letters I've been receiving!  They are very nice to read, even though it costs me too much to respond via letter.  (Sorry! I only get 100 pesos a week).

I've met a chevere  "COOL" dude from Colombia, Barranquilla. He has been teaching me a few things, and I have been teaching him some funny American sayings.  One phrase that I learned which is super funny is Una colombiana, y algo tomar" jajajajajaja. That means "a Colombian girl, and something to drink."  But it's funny in Spanish because a Colombiana is a drink. 

Somebody left our front door open all night two nights ago, and a giant moth flew into our house, and everybody was super scared of it. So I bravely took a toilet plunger and threw it at the moth, I will send a picture of the aftermath. 









But it was super funny and all of the guys in our casa were running away from it because they are scared (wussies).  

Every day I play for about 45 minutes Cage soccer. I am trying to practice soccer and ping pong so people won't think I'm a nerd down in Colombia. 

Overall, it's been the best week yet.  The only thing that sucked about it was I had to get my tetanus shot. :(

My testimony I'd like to share this week is on no particular subject, but about the life of being consecrated to the church as a missionary.  

I have decided to dedicate two years of my life to only preaching repentance and faith.  I am allowed one day a week to play soccer, and do my laundry and what not. All days I wake up at 6:30 am, and I go to bed at 10:30 pm.  I study Spanish for about an hour and a half, and I study the scriptures for about an hour and a half. The rest is whatever lessons we are receiving from our maestros (teachers). I am not allowed to play any video games, or get on the Internet beside emailing once a week on my preparation day.  As in Mark 12:41-44, I am giving everything I have, like the widow.  

Mark 12:41-44

And Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much.
And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing.
And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury:
For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.

A few scriptures that go together very well for missionary service, are

Matthew 6:34 --  Because sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof. 

Matthew 6:24

Matthew 10:39 --  Unless we take up our crosses, and follow Christ, we are not worthy of him.

Doctrine & Covenants 58:26-27 -- and the same is a slothful servant. Therefore I am anxiously engaged in a good cause, and I will bring to pass much righteousness!

TL;DR

Matthew 11:28 to the end. I know the church is true, and it's awesome to be a missionary. My mom is awesome!

Mathew 11:28

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
   

P.S.
Send me some pictures of the family and Willie and Charlotte!  Thank you for all of the other packages Mom. The cereal will be good because normally, breakfast is inedible.  Even the waffles or pancakes or cinnamon toast is garbage.  











I love all of you guys!  

Tell Dad that he needs to email me every week!  I like reading his emails.  And that he should send me a scripture or two that are good.  

We are leaving now.  Goodbye my good mate!

Goodbye Mom.  See you next week.  Thanks again.  I can't wait to get all the stuff and win everybody.

ROONEY!

You are good blokes!  I love!

Elder Connor Ross Tracy
Colombia Bogota North Mission
September 2016 - September 2018








This is the Missionary Training Center store. I don't use any of the money I have. I live off the 100 pesos they give us each week. (Hermanas -- Sisters -- get 120, no fair)



No comments:

Post a Comment