Wednesday, October 12, 2016

October 12, 2016 -- WEEK FOUR

Well.  It passed by pretty quickly. We are all at a point where we are now trying to learn how to understand natives. They speak super quickly and when we have TRC (members volunteer for us to teach them) it is super hard!  I thought I had decent Spanish, but whenever I am talking with somebody who is not from the CCM (MTC), I just get blown away.



At Dinner about four days ago, I met an Elder Gutierrez, from Bolivia.  Jonathan, my brother served his mission in Bolivia and had been inside of their home and taught them!  (They were members).  We traded ties, and talked about how good a missionary Jonathan was!  He said that he spoke and understood like a native, and worked hard. I hope that I can be anywhere like Jonathan was by the end of my mission. 

We listened to a devotional by Elder Bednar last night, and he just spoke on how to receive revelation from conference talks.  It was good. Also every Tuesday night they have Costco pizza.  It´s very good and one of the few dinners where people come back for seconds, thirds, and fourths. 

My Companion was made District leader, and he is a District leader. It is still okay because in two weeks I will be free!  I cannot wait to enter the field, and I am so bored of being in the CCM.  Anyway one of the new fun things around here is a soccer version of Knockout.  You line up about 15 feet from the goal, and you all just shoot. If I make it, then the current goalie is out, and the guy behind me becomes goalie. If I miss, I become goalie and the guy behind me shoots on me, as I am running to the goal. It´s a pretty hectic game and it is actually pretty fun.

In the nights, I have started teaching a chapter from anywhere in the scriptures. I did Moses 7 last night, and tomorrow it will be 1st Corinthians 15.  A very good chapter of scripture, and it is very well related to us, since in the 9th verse it talks about how Paul feels unworthy to be an apostle, yet is one of the most powerful teachers. Conversion is a crazy process!

I am not receiving many emails, so I mean if anybody wants to send me some I wouldn´t be sad. I am going to be leaving the CCM in 13 days which is crazy. I basically feel like the Spanish learning has slowed down a ton after the first month. I still know basically nothing, though which is pretty spooky.

This week I memorized los articulos de fe, y Lucas 14 27 TJS (JST). esta bien por los misioneros.

My Testimony this week is on spiritual gifts!  I Know that I have the gift of tongues, but I want the gift of interpretation of tongues.   Like it says in Corinthians 14, that with only the gift of tongues the people you are teaching are still barbarians to you.  I already love the people, and I can´t wait for my first day in the field.  I love the gospel, and as a missionary I don´t feel like a pharisee for saying it every week!  Also, we need to be humble, like when the pharisee is praying, and saying I fast twice a week and give tithes on everything, yet the publican aways off is beating his chest saying, please God, be merciful to a sinner.  Without humility no blessings will come, because Mark 10.31 says the last first and first last.  Of such is the kingdom of God. I know God lives, and that he sent his Son to atone for all of our sins. Come unto him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness!

Elder Connor Ross Tracy
Colombia Bogota Mission
September 2016 -- September 2018



The picture with the Mexican flag was today.



The whiteboard is where I have been teaching.


Mexico City Temple










1 comment:

  1. Belief is the reason we go on a mission. It is the motive for preaching about Christ and sharing/Proclaiming his love. Faith is understanding we are children of God and our Heavenly Father. May this definition of faith bless you in your life. Faith is defined again and because faith has an inherent joy it gives us a solid foundation that we finally have the peace we have been searching for.

    "Many believer's feed themselves on what God hasn't done. When I dwell on what hasn't happened, I create the atmosphere for the spirit of offense to arise and to thrive. When I dwell on what hasn't happened, I legitimize unbelief. I live with a sense of justification, for not believing God.

    Faith in the purest sense is the ceasing of resistance. even when there's no physical evidence, when the other evidence is present. Not feeding ourselves on what God hasn't done Faith in it's purest form is the absence of resistance

    Heaven is a place where everyone is celebrated, some are more honored but everyone is celebrated. All men and all women shall be judged on the light which they have received. Heaven is a permissible culture. God's nature is eternally permissible. These statements protect us from credit.

    Faith in the purest sense is the ceasing of resistance, even when there's no physical evidence, when the other evidence is present. Not feeding ourselves on what God hasn't done. Faith in it's purest form is the absence of resistance. Faith doesn't deny a problems existence, it denies it's influence. He or she was someone whom aridity and desolation never disturbed for he or she had a deeply rooted, and a vigorous faith.

    Now we can act as we have always dreamed. Now we can act as we have always been. Now we can step into the light and gather the sunlight instead of blocking out our possibilities. Instead of blocking out our joy. Variety will bloom in/under the sun. We can show off our best, we can enjoy other people's gifts. We can blossom where we stand upon the joy that faith provides us. Upon the joy that faith inherently has, which blossoms the entire field of flowers"

    .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDYaxabUfkA - The Definition of Faith

    ReplyDelete