Wednesday, October 19, 2016

CCM (Missionary Training Center) COMPLETE!

Elder Connor Ross Tracy
Colombia Bogota North Mission
September 2016 -- September 2018

CCM COMPLETE!
OCTOBER 19, 2016


Me with my friend Elder Urrutia, from Barranquilla in Colombia.
He taught me some slang words, Como Quate, Parcero, y mas.




Me with Hermana Crave! (one on the left).





Credit to this picture of me goes to Elder Blair. Goodbye Mom.
Next time you hear from me I'll be a Colombiano!
 


Guess what?  

I'm officially in my last week of training, and I proceed to the field -- Bogota, Colombia -- on the 24th of October.  I have to be ready at 3:00 am and I leave at 3:30 am.  
Livin' la vida loca, verdad?  

Entonces (So), we have been doing things called TRC, where we teach other districts, plus real people who volunteer to help missionaries teach (usually members).  All the districts we taught were really struggling in Spanish.  I feel extremely blessed to know what I do within just six weeks.  Sister Bonnie L. Oscarson, Young Women's President of the Church cam and spoke with us.  The talk sucked, and she had some crowd interaction, where a bunch of people talked about how hard it was for them to come on missions, and how getting humbled always really sucks for them because it is just hard for them to handle.  Good talk overall, but just some weird missionaries.
In the scriptures, Job 5:17, It says that "Happy is the man whom God correcteth.  Therefore: despise not thou the chastening of The Almighty."  Everybody here thinks the field will be impossible, and the hardest experience ever.  I feel sorry for their companions.  Nobody feels confident teaching Latinos, because they are afraid to be corrected.  Just as Moses taught, wouldn't God wish that all of us were prophets?  The way to this lofty goal is through chastisement . "Whom the lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth."  Paul, in the New Testament talks about how he has been stoned and killed for the gospel.  Had forty Jews make an oath to kill him, take forty lashes five times, save it be one.   Escape some city by being lowered on the outer wall in a basket, and shipwrecked three times.  Paul also describes that he is the least worthy to be an apostle, or disciple of Christ, yet he is!  Paul is a true miracle, and through him many souls were brought unto Christ.

Just like with Saul, the Lord said "it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks." and "Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?"  In Corinthians 8, Paul describes how if flesh would make his brother to offend, he would never partake again while the world stood. I feel so guilty when I read these passages. How could God ever allow a sinner like me to be a representative of Him, bearing his name to all those with an ear to hear, and eyes to see.

I know that "Through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws, and ordinances of the gospel. In James 2, the brother of The Lord, says that even the devils believe in Christ, and tremble.  I know that faith without works is dead, and I've seen it my whole life.  If only we had faith as a mustard seed we could say to yonder mountain "remove" and it would be removed. Nevertheless, this kind goeth not out but by fasting and prayer (the devil the apostles couldn't remove).

I testify of Humility this week. 

We know that in the kingdom of heaven, the first shall be last, and the last shall be first. We know that if ye have done it unto one of the least of these, my brethren, ye have done it unto me (the Lord). We know that humility is one of the Christlike attributes we all need. In D&C 19:23 it says "learn of me, and listen to my words, Walk in the meekness of my spirit, and ye shall have peace in me."  We know that it is harder for a rich man to enter into that strait and narrow gate, than a camel to go through the eye of a needle. I was very puffed up, and very overconfident in myself.  After six weeks, I realize that just like Paul, I need to help my weak brothers take confidence in righteousness, and not sin, while maintaining a broken heart, and a contrite spirit,  Just like the publican that prayed far off from the Pharisee.  As I beat on my chest, and ask God, that he might have mercy on a sinner. There is no other way. We must become as little children. Just like little William, my nephew.


Elder Connor Ross Tracy
Colombia Bogota North Mission
September 2016 -- September 2018





No comments:

Post a Comment