Sunday, August 26, 2018

JUNE 25, 2018

I´ve been pretty lazy about writing recently, but I promise that I will do better. I am getting pretty close to the point where I wont have to email anymore. It´s still pretty far away. Sixty-six days left.

I have had a lot of experiences in my time here in Yopal, but just to share one that´s been impactful, I was in a lesson this week, teaching about baptism to a family. As we taught, a lady came up to the window, outside, and began to listen. She then came into the doorstep and sat there listening. I looked at her, but didn´t think it was anything super out of the ordinary. So we kept on teaching, and when we got to the end, she interrupted us, asked if we could visit her, and that she´s interested in baptism. We visited her, she cried and told us about some very difficult situations that she´s living right now, and we have set a baptismal date for the 14th of July. She has already come to church twice, and told us in a return visit that she came back, and will continue to go, because she felt that by going to church, the burdens she carries were lightened. 

We have a baptism planned also for this Saturday. Edilma Nieves. She is a great lady, who has been investigating the church for around 7 years, who took the decision recently to be born again in the only church with the authority of god to act in his name. What a blessing for her and her posterity, and for me to be a witness of the process of repentance, and people having their hearts changed.

I will write more next week, but I just want to close with my testimony that I know that god lives, and he shares his love with us through many mediums in our lives. We aren´t always the most obedient children, but he gives us infinite chances to change, to repent, through the infinite sacrifice of his beloved son, whom I represent. I testify that I have the authority of Jesus Christ to preach his gospel,to baptize, and to give the gift of the holy ghost. You can ask all of the people who I have taught here in the last 22 months to see the evidences of the authority i have, through the power that has been manifested. I have been a sinner, and I still am. I try sincerely to change every day, and god loves the one sheep that returns, and rejoices over it, more than the 99 sheep that have no need of repentance. 
!
Elder Tracy

P.S.. PlEASE WRITE ME EVERYBODY! CUZ I´m bout to get home

No comments:

Post a Comment