Sunday, August 26, 2018

AUGUST 20, 2018 -- LAST EMAIL

This week will be my final week as a full time missionary, a Representative of Jesus Christ, and of his Church. It is bittersweet.

I just want to share my testimony with whoever reads this, that I never asked to leave my country to serve a mission in a foreign country, without knowing the language I would speak. But I am proud of it. Nobody in this church asks, or makes themselves a leader. The Lord chooses his servants and He prepares the way. It is a beautiful lesson that the Book of Mormon begins to teach starting in its third chapter!  Nephi, the first prophet who writes, says:

1 Nephi 1:7

7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.  


I know that the Lord is now preparing the way home for me. I gave it my all for two years, and I've brought many souls unto the truth. Joseph Smith, the Prophet through whom the lord has restored his truth, and his church, said the following.

"The Standard of Truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done."

I am grateful for this time to serve Him. But it's not over. Because I have my whole life ahead of me. And I am so excited to start. But I lace my testimony with all those of the prophets, and missionaries, and members of this church, that It is His church. We have the authority to declare it, I hold that authority, and you can say what you will, but for all those who have denied my words here in Colombia, and for those who, as you read, deny my words. We will find ourselves before the tribunal of Jesus in the last day, and  there, you will know with a perfect knowledge that my words have been words of warning, and of hope and of Truth.

The 9th of September, I will be giving a sermon in The Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, of all of the experiences I had here, and the things I've learned. I invite all who read to attend, and I've sent out some special invitations through my mother. I hope you all can join me, and I will be asking around when I get back.

I'm sad to leave, because I love the Colombian people. They are so unique, but it's time to get back home, to my people, and minister among them.

Thanks for all of you who have been with me through the journey, reading my weekly messages. To my family, and friends: Please join me on the 9th of September at 11:30 am, 451 SW 150 Hwy, Lee's Summit, MO,  and we'll, as they say in Spanish, ponernos al día!

Elder Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment