Sunday, August 26, 2018

JULY 16, 2018

This week I'm starting my very last transfer. I know who my last companion is, and my last assignment as a representative of Jesus Christ.

I'm going to be with Elder Pumacondor, from PerĂº, and I'm going to be District Leader to finish the mission.

In my District I'll be working with Elder Diaz, a new missionary, Elder Alejandro, and Elder McFadden.  I'm going to be in charge of them, and making sure that they get their work done correctly.

This week I also sent Elder Hildebrandt back to his home, after finishing his two year mission. He was a great companion, and he is the only person that is baptized in his whole family. So he will go back and start the work in his own family.

This week, we are not planning on having a baptism but we are planning on having two next Saturday. They are called Francisco, from Venezuela, and Diana, Colombiana. They both come from very different backgrounds, but both have come to receive the gospel of Jesus Christ. Like it says in Romans 1:16:

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

I bear my testimony this week that I know that the priesthood of God, his authority or given permission to man, is found upon the earth once more in our days. It is not given by study, neither is it given for money, just as we see in Acts. It is a privilege to be ordained to this priesthood.

I have the priesthood of God. All worthy men that are baptized by this same authority, restored through the ministering of angels to the Prophet Joseph Smith, can also use it to bless their families, to save them, and their ancestors. It's real, and I have seen miracles in this time. 

Just to let you all know, I will be asking my family to send out invitations to my home coming talk on September 9th, 2018. I will be giving a sermon in my Church, in Lee's Summit, Missouri, USA, on all of the experiences and time I've spent in Colombia. Anybody interested is more than invited.

Elder Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment