Sunday, June 18, 2017

MAY 29, 2017 -- WEEK 31

This week we had a really cool experience! And I guess every week I have one or two, but I mean it!

We were contacting. Things happened and my companion got a little upset with me. I said hey man lets just keep going. The next door we knock, a man comes out. We talk, and the rest of his family comes and stares at us. They said hey we were just about to say a prayer for our sick daughter, will you guys come in? We came in, gave a blessing of health, and then put a visit to return. The Lord works in our lives!

We also went to teach some Jehovah's Witnesses. We got there, and they refused to do a prayer with us, then we talked about The Restoration, but they kept making questions, meant to make me trip or stumble over my words. I fell into one of them, and I think it's my first time in my mission making that mistake. One of them asked me, do you think if the Lord came right now, that you would be saved. I looked at her and I said if He comes right now I know I would be saved. Then she told me that when we talked the last time you got so pissed and you wouldn't let me speak (we brought a member and other people we there that we didn't talk to, even though it didn't happen like that everybody on team Jehovah's thought it did). Then the member who was with us, who had studied with the J.W.'s for like seven months stepped in and saved us. He managed everything really well. He just kept telling them that they were sharing really awesome things, but they asked us questions, and wouldn't let us answer them. Just a really interesting lesson. I learned a lot.










And so from the experience, My testimony this week is on humility. One of the things that changed the atmosphere in the lesson from just them bashing us and us trying to give a little lesson, and to them at least giving us time to speak and not interrupting us, was Micah 6:8. 

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

I shared it, and from that moment they just got pacified (as well as us). God requires of us many things, but at the end of the day, it's that we have got to apply what we learn. I made a mistake in saying I believe I would be saved. I've thought long and hard after that about my answer. Do I really believe I'll be saved? I think the answer is, I need to change. We all need to change. This humility is a guiding compass for us. It will always point to becoming a better person.  In listening before brashly saying something. It will always make us stick out as somebody who understands.

Proverbs 17:28
Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.

I will become better. Even though I am here, I have done things in the past that I can't change. But I can lean upon Jesus, who is meek of heart. That is the invitation this week. When you think you know better, wait thirty seconds longer and then give your part.

Èlder Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment