Wednesday, March 22, 2017

MARCH 20, 2017: WEEK 9 + 10 = 21!!

March 20, 2017


9+10=21. Hello!













This week was really cool. I had TWO baptisms! Ohhhh yeaaah. Samuel Acurero and Yuzara Carpio. 


Also, the Mission President showed up to the baptism along with his wife. It was super cool but also I felt a little bit under the gun.


Isabel (la Mama de Yuzara) is still preparing for baptisms, and she will get baptized on the 1st of April, and it is not a joke!!!




Something else we have just recently started to do is go up into the mountains in my area, which is kinda dangerous but worth the risk. The people are super willing to listen to us and are prepared. It´s Called Santa Cecilia and Cerro Norte. Edgy.




This P-Day we went to the Temple for the 7 o'clock session and it was cool, then I bought a bunch of pictures of Jesus and a breakfast. Breakfast was 1 dollar and 30 cents and it was really big and tasty. I wish it was that cheap in the states. Then we climbed up the mountain as a District and took some pictures. It was cool and we climbed the whole thing in one hour (it is paved too, so just imagine how big the mountain is.)







I testify of the importance of Physical Health this week! Something I have learned throughout the mission is that physical health is very important for every aspect of life! It makes us more self confident, more able to do the things we want to do, and we are able to know that we are taking care of the temple of God that He has given us.

1 Corinthians 3:17
If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

But, we should not try to push our bodies to the extremes and drive it ragged. We just need to do what we can. I remember when I started the mission that I walked very slowly because my feet hurt, but as I walked and walked and walked and walked and walked (like the pioneers), my feet got adjusted and I was able to support it! 

Mosiah 4:27
And see that all these things are done in wisdom and 
orderfor it is not requisite that man should run faster
than he has strength. And again, it is expedient that he
should be diligent, that thereby he might win the prize;
therefore, all things must be done in order.

Take care of your bodies! Something that helps us as members is the Word of Wisdom, which is a commandment of God, which promises us blessings if we abstain from a few things. It is "Vale la Pena!"  "WORTH IT!"

Overall just a cool week. Write me nerds.

Élder Connor Tracy
Colombia Bogota North Mission




No comments:

Post a Comment