Tuesday, March 14, 2017

March 13, 2017: WEEK 20 (1/4 OF THE WAY DONE!!!!)

Hello! This week we went to the temple with Samuel Acurero (photos to come).

So, this week at the temple we had a good lunch.  $2 bucks is the average lunch cost here, which comes with juice and a big plate of whatever food they are selling. 

Samuel is going to get baptized this Saturday.  So I think that we will have a lot of pictures to send the next week. 

Isabel and Yuzara are still bringing people to the chapel. They brought Yuzara's brother and his family.  They came from two hours away JUST TO GO TO CHURCH!  IT IS NOT HARD PEOPLE.  You can do it also.

I am doing good. I think I can officially say I am fluent in Spanish!  It has been a cool six months in the field.  I can now say also that I am starting the mission length of a Sister missionary (they serve 18 months). Should be cool. I have 18 months left to serve.

Next week I will have a super funny video to share but for now it is not complete. . .

Anyway.  This week I bear my testimony on repentance again.  We can always change when we do something wrong, and we can always have a new turn. I am grateful for the opportunity I have to repent, and that Jesus Christ really did die for us. He paid for every one of our sins to the point that he bled from every pore. 

D&C 19:16-19 

 For behold, I, God, have suffered these things for all, that they might not suffer if they would repent;

But if they would not repent they must suffer even as I;

Which suffering caused myself, even God, the greatest of all, to tremble because of pain, and to bleed at every pore, and to suffer both body and spirit—and would that I might not drink the bitter cup, and shrink—

Nevertheless, glory be to the Father, and I partook and finished my preparations unto the children of men.

He is real, and I have been in Colombia for six months trying to spread this good news!  I know He lives, and that He personally knows us. Get to know Him. 

I can't wait to see what has changed when I hit the one year mark. But yeah, OFFICIALLY 1/4 OF THE WAY THROUGH! 

Élder Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment