Wednesday, March 29, 2017

MARCH 28, 2017: WEEK 22

MARCH 28, 2017


I went to Monserrate. . .Almost!

Related image

Monserrate (after Catalan homonym mountain Montserrat) is a mountain that dominates the city center of Bogotá, the capital city of Colombia. It rises to 3,152 metres (10,341 ft) above the sea level, where there is a church (built in the 17th century) with a shrine, devoted to El Señor Caído ("The Fallen Lord").

We have been preparing all of our investigators for GENERAL CONFERENCE! It is going to be really cool. This will be my first one in the mission field, and I hope it has a good effect on the investigators that I have.

So we went to the Bogota LDS Temple today, and to do that we had to change our P-day to a Tuesday.  It was cool, and when I walked in, I found Andrew Skinner, another guy from the Kansas City area. The temple is always an awesome experience. Then we finished, and the Hermana (Sister) from my Ward, who works in the temple, snuck us some breakfast. I also ran into a girl from my Ward named Erika Zabala, and one of her friends, some dude from Germany. He served his mission in Britain, so he could speak English. He said he is moving to my Ward, and that this Saturday, after conference he will take me to eat wherever I want. I am now searching for "best restaurantes en Bogotá"!   lol.

During the rest of the week, we have just kept on working in the mountains. Look up on Google Maps -- Cerro Norte. It is like 2800-3200 meters, depending on how high up the mountain you go. It is super tiring to go up and down but it is also worth it because the people there are very receptive to the Gospel message.

I have been doing a lot of stuff also to try and help my companion. He is a cool dude, and he has got more time in the mission than I do, but he is still struggling to learn how to contact, teach, and to figure out how to navigate throughout the area. I will be a blessing to him, and not a maldición (curse)!

Elder Tracy, Elder Aguilar and friend.

I know that I have got two weeks left in my area, so I am trying to work my hardest to leave it at a point where the next guy who gets here feels like he rolled a cool area. It is really been an amazing time here, and I will be sad to leave. I remember also at the beginning of this transfer saying I couldn't wait to leave.  Haha. Funny how things change.

This week I testify of Easter! I will start with the initiative of the Church, It is a season of peace! Jesus Christ, in the scriptures is called . . The Prince of Peace . .. And that we can take his yoke upon us, and he will give us rest. He loves us, and he really does work within us, and in our lives. Sometimes we might not be that good at recognizing it, but another scripture in Revelations 3:20, says that he stands at the door and knocks. 

 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

He will give us this peace, when and if we want it, asking humbly with real intent. I know He lives, and that He is just waiting to give us peace! Let everybody know, that He lives!
Happy Easter Season, and I can't wait to see what they do here in Colombia for it!

Ëlder Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment