Tuesday, April 10, 2018

OCTOBER 23, 2017

Well I am not gonna lie. I have been being pretty lazy about writing for these last few weeks, but I am going to repent and get better. 

So for the last few weeks, I'm just gonna be real and say I don't remember much of what we did, but I will start with the biggest stuff that happened.


So I had a two day interchange (switching companions). Really we just started P-Day at night so it wasn't actually two days but kinda. On P-Day, we went to be with Elders Blair and Jaque, and I went with Elder Jaque. Their Bishop, Wolfang, drew a portrait of me and gave me the drawing. Pretty cool. Then Jaque showed me an interesting balance trick with a toothpick, a spoon and fork, and a cup. Look that one up. Then the next day I was with Elder Blair. We had some really intense lessons, and we went contacting.  Just to give you an idea, we got invited to ice cream, I gave away my umbrella, and contacted people using a penny. Then we got this dude to walk like twenty minutes to the chapel and I did an inspired question once we got there. Elder Blair bowed his head and started praying, and so I thought for about a minute, and I had nothing in my head. So I just opened my mouth without any words in my mind, and the question came out  "What does your name mean to you?"  We tied it to family history, and then to taking upon him the name of Christ, and he accepted the invitation to be baptized. Pretty Cool Moment. 


Then the Zone Leaders from Barranca showed up that night, and we were there sleeping Me, Elders Blair, Skinner, Quiñonez, Navas, Christenson, Torres, Jaque, Heredia, Ferre, and Dias. Super Crazy night. Probably the biggest sleepover ever. We stayed up until like eleven talking about experiences we've had with evil spirits. P.S. they do exist, and crazy stuff happens here.


Had interviews with our Mission President, and Also The Multi zone. We talked about the vision to baptize, and how we need to do a lot better with that. Honestly, it put a lot of fire in my bones to be able to start baptizing and to keep on working, especially as District Leader, to do better and get work done.


Had Interchanges with Elder Skinner, who is also from Missouri. We came to my area, and just got stuck on trying to find a reference of a girl called Wendy. We got sent all over the place, but at the end never found her.

I don´t have much more time, but it was honestly a pretty cool Week. I got a ton of cool pictures also, so that´s good. The Internet here in Bucaramanga is quick so it sends way more pictures.

This week I would like to testify of the power of a good idea. I have been listening to some talks by sterling W. Sill, and he has some pretty great talks on the subject. I am feeling pretty excited to just think about how i can do better, and I was reading in Mosiah sixteen, and I found a good answer. Mosiah 16:13,15

As We help people come unto Christ, that is how we can bless them. I gave a talk in my ward this week about the same thing, and why the book of Mormon is so important. It is cool that the bishop is starting to trust us and I hope that we can keep on working here in La Cumbre.

I love you all. Not gonna lie I´m pretty bored when nobody writes me but my mom. Please Write me. It´d put EVEN more fire in my bones to keep on working.


Elder Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment