Tuesday, April 10, 2018

JUNE 26, 2017 -- WEEK 35

Good afternoon.

So I didn't have much time to write last week, so I'm going to explain something really cool that happened last week before hopping into this weeks message.

So there is a member of the Quorum of the Seventy that lives in Bucaramanga (6 hours away) named Élder Ardila. He is in charge of Institutes of Religion for the church in all of a certain area, and that includes where I live, Cucuta. So he comes every month to check on how everything I s going, And told the guy in the Stake who is in charge of Institutes  (lives in my Ward), that he would be free on Wednesday afternoon and was looking for something to do.

I am the junior companion, my companion is the District Leader. I had the idea of inviting him to our District Meeting, and my companion was just like "well if you wanna do it."  So I texted my mission president, Can we invite him to teach us something? President calls me within five minutes, and tells me I can invite him, but the invitation has to be: "Elder Ardila! We heard you might be open this Wednesday, and we would love to be able to hear the witness of a special witness of Jesus Christ . As a zone of missionaries, we will be having a meeting this Wednesday. If you think you would be able to come to be with us, we are able to work around your schedule for a time period of (more or less) 30-45 minutes".   SO,  I did the invitation. I called Èlder Ardila, and he said YES! and also that he was going to go out with us on visits. 

So he got there, and he taught us a passage from Romans 2:16 - 23. And then we talked about our missionary purpose. Really cool. Then at three he came with us on visits. Our appointment fell through, so we decided to visit the Family Ardila, with Élder Ardila! We showed up, invited a few less active daughters who live with them, and he just smacked them with a really powerful lesson about repentance. The next Sunday, we had them all back in church, and this Sunday they showed up again. Really cool experience.

So this week, we started having a few problems as a companionship,   People weren't progressing how we wanted, the area is super huge and we were kinda getting behind the gun, and so we had a fight. We started talking a lot, and we came out of it with a few goals. One of my goals is that I'm going to make eggs every single morning for the two of us! That was pretty exciting also because I have  been kinda hungry the last few weeks, but we made sure to get the eggs to be ready to cook and eat eggs. lol

Anyway, this week I've just been enjoying trying to memorize the new scripture mastery passages. One that I really liked was just thinking about Genesis, the first verse of the Bible ! So far I am going for Exodus 20, the ten commandments (memorizing them).

This week, my testimony is over the creation! In Genesis 1:1 

And then in Genesis 1:3 

I have been trying to learn more about this stuff, and to just start working harder to improve my teaching skills, starting from Square 1! An interesting part of the scriptures, is that we can learn about who created the worlds. In Ephesians 3:9, it states:

The Bible in Spanish uses the word Jehovah almost every single time the word God, or Lord is used. It helps the Latinos learn that this wants to say to them, Jesus Christ.  It's something really unknown here. Everybody here is caught up on worshiping the Virgin Mary, or vainly repeating prayers to idols, that sometimes it's good to refresh them to believe in a God who has a body of flesh and bones, as well as His son Luke 24:36-39. I know that Jesus Christ lives, and I know he loves me! He loves all of us and so we should work harder everyday to try and create some more great experiences! One quick one

I was listening to an investigator talk to another missionary. And she said well I did this mistake, because you did not tell me not too. And then the missionary said I specifically told you not to do it! And then she said well it just didn't feel that strong. There is a talk by Sterling W. Still, where he explains about a man, who gets fired from his job, because even though he counseled the company or the organization to NOT do that thing, he didn't bang the table with his fist when he said it! So, the emphasis of the warning can also be just as important as the warning. (Him talking about God giving the commandments from Sinai with fire and smoke and thunder.)

I love the gospel! See you all next week my Brothers and Sisters!

ELDER TRAKY (TRACY)










No comments:

Post a Comment