Tuesday, April 18, 2017

APRIL 17, 2017: WEEK 25

Êlder Tracy comin´ at ya from Cúcuta, Colombia! 


CUCUTA, Colombia


I passed the Holy Week here, and all the people here on Thursday and Friday were walking the seven churches. I guess it is a tradition here. Also they just recently built a big statue of Christ carrying his cross. I'll get a picture with it soon! Cool week.

Preparation Day Bowling


Elder Tracy side of the road in Cucuta, Colombia

So my ward is called Atalaya. There are four of us here in this ward, we share it with the Hermanas (Sisters) Juàrez, y Arias. We live about five minutes walking from the chapel so we are in a cool spot for now.

The Family Benitez is my first one here! They are like sixteen people who gather together in one house to listen to us. Six of them are actually Benitez, the rest are neighbors. The Benitez dad is less active and he passed us the reference of his family. Awesome. The picture of me holding green birds is in their house, and also the one where there is a ton of people in the picture.




The Family Obregón. They are cool too, they live in a part of my area called Los Estoraques, but I call them the projects. It is basically like that, super poor and super full of people who want to hear the gospel. The problem is they are like about an hour from the chapel walking, but they still came to church! (Took a taxi, and my companion then made me pay for it.) So I guess there wasn't too much faith involved.

I was in a lesson with the Obregòn family, and in the middle a lady walked in. We started again and taught her also, and at the end of it she told us that she loved it, and that as we were teaching she felt something special, and wanted to come to church with us. She has been searching for the true church all of her life. She told us also that she was just sitting in her house, but felt an urge to leave and come to their house. Well she is in luck because she found the truth!

My Companion Élder Berrú is pretty fun, and I hope that we will be able to change this area. There has not been a baptism since October, and before that I think since March. So in one year they have had one baptism. We will see what happens.


Cúcuta to explain it a little bit, is basically like the game --  Hill Climb. You just keep going up and then down and then up these GIANT hills. My feet hurt so bad after just six days, I can't wait to be here for the next four and a half months. And everybody is always in motorcycles. It's so crazy. I feel like I'm gonna get hit by somebody like every thirty seconds (because we also walk in the street because the sidewalks are garbage).



My testimony this week is over The resurrection. A scripture I found that I really liked this week is in 2nd Tesalonicenses 3:16

2 Thessalonians 3:16

Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all.

The Lord of Peace. It is a cool time to be a missionary, and I have been trying to help others learn about His resurrection, and how we can change through Him. We may have sinned, or we may have not cared about God before, or actually tried to keep His commandments, but that all changes when we just start to have faith. Because He lives, we will live also. Because He lives, we can be healed. I know it is true and that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the only true church on the face of the earth. It isn't that the rest are all wrong, but that they are incomplete, neglecting all the truths of his gospel. I baptized a catholic priest here, so that's also been a great testimony builder. Christ lives, so why focus on the cross? Focus on making our lives be what matters, not any other object, or thing. He lives. 

I am going strong in the mission, and I'm loving every minute of it.  PLEASE WRITE ME PEOPLE, I AM SOOOOOO BORED during my writing time. 

My email address is connor.tracy@myldsmail.net!


Élder Connor Tracy




No comments:

Post a Comment