Wednesday, September 28, 2016

9/28/16 -- WEEK TWO

Elder Tracy and his Companion



Wednesday
We are the smallest Distrito here now. I've been doing a lot of studying, and I've been reading the book of Mormon nonstop. People call me El Pillo (The Rascal). We started keeping track of anytime anybody in our district references a meme or dying or killing, anyway. We had a ping pong kinda tournament, and I schooled everybody in my district.  I then played a kid who brought his own paddle from home, and only lost because everybody else was saying I can't win on a serve. The paddle I was using was very ripped up on one side, and the other just wood. Pretty good day. Also played tennis with Elder Watts.

Thursday
We began teaching two new "investigators". One was Marco Vidal, and The Other is Ricardo. I met the real Miguel, and he has accepted baptism, which is awesome. The food was actually pretty good.  We had cinnamon toast for breakfast, and Chicken breast for Lunch, plus some ice cream  that tasted like raspberry. Dinner sucked but it was okay because the other meals were good. Anyway, Our lesson with Marco Vidal, we started with the restoration. He was pretty unsure, but we committed him to come to church, and also to pray during the lesson to know if God hears and answers His prayers. The Return answer was pretty good.           Galatians 5:21-22:  I think describes what was felt afterwords.  (Whatever the scripture is in Galatians 5 that talks about the fruits of the spirit)

Friday
Can't remember the food, but I am sure it was pretty bad. Memorized fully Moroni 10:4-5, and also James 1:5-6. Have seven Articles of Faith memorized on this day, and I was learning vocabulart about the Restoration, and the infinitives like ungir, procurar, esforarse(esforarze?) and talking in the past imperfect (Which Emily already taught me junior year!) We taught Ricardo, and committed him read and pray about the Book of Mormon, and if he feels our message is true ,to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized by somebody holding the authority to use the Sacerdocio de Dios. I Know he'll feel the truth! (this is not a real investigator by the way, just a teacher pretending to be his friend who is). for gym time I played ping pong again, and schooled Elder Mooney. 

Saturday
At lunch they gave us Popsicles, but guess what? All the rest of the food sucked. All naranja machines are broken, so all the other drinks were pretty sketchy, like a carbonated Apple juice, or carbonated grape fruit juice(Tastes like sprite with a bad aftertaste) And then Lima limon, which is sprite with a fruity aftertaste. We taught Marco Vidal again, and committed him to be baptized, and We brought Elder Karren into the lesson with us, and he Shared a TON of scriptures. Halfway through my testimony of the plan of salvation, he shared Doctrine & Covenants 8:2-3, which would be good if he was a member, or if I wasn't bearing my testimony at that time. Either way I felt good about the lesson. Played Tennis with some people. and it was boring cuz they sucked.

Sunday
Good devotional by Elder Holland, Talking about Unity in companionships, which is something I needed to hear . I had been doing a lot of the talking in the lessons, and from this point out I will try to make it be about 25-25 (we do 50%, member + Investigator does the other 50%). Learned how to use Tener que, and Tener Ganas de, and muchas palabras. It was Fast Sunday, so the food wasn't bad. Ha ha

Monday
Taught Ricardo the Plan of Salvation, and other cool stuff blah blah blah. We had hamburgers again, and something we call El Infierno en tierrna (The Hell on Earth). It's this little thing of yogurt, that is like probably equivalent to a 5 hour energy or something, without caffeine. It tastes exactly like straight Lemon Juice, mixed with some gross milk. Beside that, I am trying to change to be a better missionary. I had been fighting fire with fire before, and actually had a small little quibble with Elder Stevens. He was mad that I had been whistling things that weren't hymns, and I was just putting a stumbling block in his path, and setting traps at the gate. I apologized to him, and am not going to fall into temptation again. Because I know there hath no temptation taken me but such as is common to man. 

Tuesday
This is Pizza Night. I'm just not gonna say anything about the food unless it was good. It's Costco pizza for dinner, and then a devotional afterwords, plus a super long gym time. It's basically a mini p-day. Learned some stuff, memorized a few more scriptures, And the funny part of this day is the Hermanas. They are very competitive, and we have beat them in everything so far (ping pong, soccer, tennis and chess). They also are always saying weird stuff to us like "Do you think we're cute today" or "We think you guys are very handsome today" which is great beside the fact of PAGE 33! PAGE 33! PAGE 33! (Says don't flirt, be alone with, or have any other inappropriate contact with anyone of the opposite sex). Anyway the devotional was by a Pedro. X. Something, from Venezuela. 

Wednesday
P-day! Me and Elder Mooney did some more doubles with people. and we smoked them all. I don't take many pictures because there's nothing that interesting about the place. 

Anyway, my testimony this week is on diligence.  Luke 9:59-62 goes great with this, and has been a strength for those in my district who are feeling homesick. The plow is meant for two hands, and those who can't create a straight line need to focus. I am bored of the CCM, but I know that the lord will bless me as I remain diligent in learning all things. I also think that faith in Christ is lacking in them. The Scriptures say (James 2:17-21) That faith without works is dead, and that even the Devils believe in Christ. The only way I can interpret this scripture is that we are not saved simply by confessing the name of Jesus as the only name under heaven through which salvation can be received. 

I left on my mission throwing up, and having a fatigue in my legs. In Ether 12:27, We are given weakness that we may be humbled. I have been humbled this week as I learn to love my fellow disciples more fully. And In Mark 9:23, I know that all things are possible.

TL;DR

Oscar and Wyatt if you are reading this you should stop goofing around and work harder! 

I still love my mom



This is the house where I live.


The view outside my house.


The "Scenic view" of the CCM. The Dead looking tree is cut down now. it had been growing over 100 years and it finally died!

No comments:

Post a Comment