Tuesday, June 5, 2018

June 4, 2018 and June 5, 2018

June 4, 2018

I will be writing tomorrow for probably an hour, but just to inform, I am getting transferred. Today at 1pm,  I am going to head out to Yopal! I am going to be with Elder Hildebrandt. He finishes his mission this transfer, and then the next transfer I finish. So we are going to be heading out, and I will get there around 9 pm tonight. The guy taking my place is Elder Polo, and he will be with Élder Lizarraga. It's going to be crazy! Yopal is one of the hottest places in my mission, but it´s like Missouri, Harrisonville. It's the country, lots of farmers. I'm SOOOOO excited! 

Elder Tracy


June 5, 2018

I traveled all day with Elder Diaz from Perú. We got here to Yopal at around 9:30 pm, so it was a pretty long trip, but awesome. 

It's humid and hot every day. Would've been perfect today to go to the pool.

I'm so excited. Yopal is the city where most there are baptisms, I'd guess in all of Colombia. Last year, 2017 to 2018, there were 86 baptisms in the BRANCH. (It's a branch). From what I'm seeing right now, we are planning for five baptisms within the next six weeks, and right now we are planning one for this Saturday. It's going to be awesome. Maximum next six weeks we expect ten, so we will see during the transfer. It's awesome, we live in the seventh floor of an apartment building (and we have air conditioning) with two other elders. Elder Smith from Alaska, and Elder Alejandro from Perù. I have spent today so far with lunch with the members, and then from there we did the groceries, and at five we are going to have a visit, at six, seven and eight  also. 

I have the goal for the next twelve weeks, to get twelve baptisms. So we are going to see how it goes.

My last area is the best in my mission. I'm so excited to be here in Yopal. It's awesome. It's the country of my mission, and we're like seven hours out from the closest missionaries, so nobody is watching but God. Honestly. I'm super excited for all of the missionary work going on here, because it's an area that is on fire.

And Dad, happy birthday! You still are looking pretty young, and I'm so glad that everything went well in changing offices and for you guys at work. I will not be an economical burden for you guys once I am back, because I know that the Lord will help me as I strive for self reliance. I have learned a lot from you and mom also, in the way you worked with us in buying things, or in the moderate living. I have put a lot of the same principles to practice here in the mission, living off $100 dollars a month. Here it's to a new level, because we get 180 mil pesos colombianos to live, and everybody has to put $50 mil toward the electricity bill, and then we have to travel like every three weeks, and it costs 50 mil the ticket, so we get extra help from the mission but it is important to write all spending down. 

Anyway, thanks for the great example you have set for me, and for always inspiring me to do better. Honestly, in the call we did for Christmas, I had been feeling pretty down, and I was starting to slow down my pace a bit, but talking to you guys, especially with you, was what helped me to get through it, and especially keep working in Nogal, my last area in Bogota. You told me to just put my shoulder to the wheel and push along, and that is exactly what I did. Without the call I wouldn't have been as effective. Thanks for always teaching me and I know God blesses you and the family for all the sacrifices and work you put in. Just imagine the celestial mansion waiting for you. I'm proud to be your son, and that of all the families God could send me to, that we got placed together.

ELDER TRACY


No comments:

Post a Comment